Safety is our most important mission. And, at DSC-West Texas Environmental, our commitment to safety is based on our goal to be the best full service environmental company by setting the standards for our industry.
DSC-West Texas Environmental believes accident prevention is a constant shared responsibility. It is through every employee and subcontractor's active participation that DSC-West Texas Environmental intends to be in full compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local standards. Additionally, all DSC-West Texas Environmental employees, without exception, are held accountable for the support of the health and safety program, for the prevention of accidents, for their own personal safety, and for the safety of their coworkers.
In order to fulfill this mission, we are committed to the following principles by:
- Providing appropriate employee training so that each person is able to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Providing equipment, tools and materials that are safe and appropriate for the task at hand.
- Providing effective safety and health management at all levels in the company.
- Developing and maintaining reasonable safety rules and standard operating procedures and effectively communicating these rules, practices and procedures to all employees.
- Firm and fair enforcement of the company safety rules and procedures.
- Providing the appropriate medical and industrial hygiene programs and services for the employee health conservation.
- Promoting employee safety and health both on and off the job
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
DSC-West Texas Environmental maintains multiple license and certifications enabling us to provide a broad spectrum of environmental services throughout the United States. Permits and certifications maintained by DSC-West Texas Environmental provide a company that is capable of performing projects from start to finish including remediation, emergency response, hazardous and non hazardous waste processing, removal and disposal, UST removals and special waste handling.
DSC-West Texas Environmental staffs a wide array of professionals including environmental chemists, geologists, biologists, engineers, safety specialists, quality control specialists, project managers, equipment operators, certified flaggers, chemical transfer specialist, steam generator operator and environmental technicians. These professionals are fully trained in emergency response and hazardous materials handling as well as in depth training in each respective area of expertise. Specific training and certifications held by DSC-West Texas Environmental employees are detailed below:
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER
- Confined Space Entry
- 40 Hour Hazardous Waste Site Worker
- 24 Hour Emergency Chemical Spill Response
- DOT Job Specific Hazmat Training
- Construction Site Safety Technician
- OSHA 10 Construction and Safety
- 14 Hour Hazardous Waste Material Management
- 16 Hour Training Program Hazardous Material Safety Awareness Involving Railroad Tank Cars
- Advance Tank Car Specialist
- 48 Hour 29 CFR OSHA 1910.120 Hazardous Waste Supervisory Course
- Safety Training Program
- Code Enforcement with Texas Department of Health
- Instructor Basic Fire Protection
- CPR and First Aid
- Certified Firefighter
- Certified Flaggers trained and registerd through American Traffic Safety Service Association
- H2S gas Certification